Water. Water everywhere.

posted on: Samstag, 1. Februar 2014

When you open your Facebook front page and a friend of yours just posted "There are people kayaking by my window" you know that the hightide in Venice has reached a new level. I had heard about the city being flooded before, but I certainly did not imagine it to be like this - including late night wading through alleys turned into lakes so dark you cannot even see the ground & soaking wet feet because the water is too high for your rubber boots. For the Venetians it is not a big deal though and sometimes the men are even so nice to piggyback unprepared tourists to the next scaffold or dry Vaporetto station. 

Usually I will leave all my important belongings at home, because everything is soaked within a few minutes. On a day it was not too bad I dared to take my camera to snap a few photos. 

Times are a little crazy right now with university starting on Monday, so bear with me until I find my mojo again. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, may it be sunny or snowy or, well, as wet as it is here!




9 Kommentare:

  1. Wow, so hätte ich mir das auch beim besten Willen nicht vorgestellt...

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Und in Deutschland gibt es schon beim kleinsten Lüftchen eine Unwetterwarnung ;)

      Löschen
  2. You have an absolutely beautiful blog - both your writings and photos are captivating. I'm so glad I stumbled across it! I followed and I will be checking back often for sure.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. oh wow. it's been flooding too in some cities in indonesia. hope you're ok/

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. naah, we are okay! Life just goes on here in Venice :D

      Löschen
  4. Wow! Ich hätte nie gedacht, dass die Stadt so flutet. Verrückt! Aber wahnsinnig tolle Fotos sind das geworden :)

    AntwortenLöschen

you make me a very happy blogger.